Written by Azanta Rezwana Mirza
“Bulk articles” refers to when a client will ask for a large number of articles on a particular topic from a writer. This can be from 10 articles a week to 150 articles every 5 days. The articles are ideally 500 to 1000 words long, or more; they are also related to a particular topic, usually a topic closely related to the product or the service the client offers.
Freelancers on marketplaces aren’t the only source of bulk articles that client go to. There are hundreds of writing agencies that supply articles in bulk, at a very reasonable price. Most of the time, all the client will do is supply a title or a niche, or explain their business to the writer and you’ll have to come up with 100 to 500 articles based on that.
Sounds hard, doesn’t it?
It’s not very hard, when you think about it. Suppose your client has an online bookstore and they need 150 articles for their business. It seem almost impossible to write so many articles on a single topic, doesn’t it? Wait till I start on a few titles for you:
- How early should kids start reading?
- How many hours should you read in a day?
- How to encourage children to read
- How to not discourage children from reading
- How to buy books for your young children
- How to make your children interested in reading
- Should you take your children to a bookstore?
- Can you buy books as birthday gift for your kids?
- Should books be given to children as Christmas gift?
- How to know if your children likes to read
- How to stop your children from tearing books
- What to do when your kids aren’t interested in books?
- What kinds of books are perfect for toddlers?
- What books are safe for toddlers?
- Why are books for toddlers so expensive?
- How to look for the perfect book for toddlers?
… and so on. See how it’s done? We’ve already thought of 15+ topics to write and we haven’t even covered all the topics related to books and babies. If you think about it, you can come up with dozens more topics to write about.
Bulk articles are written with SEO in mind. If your client gives you a few keywords or phrases, all you need to do is to include them somewhere in the article, preferably the first paragraph.
Some Pointers about Writing Bulk Articles
Here are some tips on writing bulk articles:
1. This is something that is almost impossible to do alone. Writing 150 500-word articles every 7 day requires a team of fast writers. On average, you’ll need to write 10,000 words per day, or 446 words per hour. Unless you are an extremely fast typist and writer and you can work up to 18 hours a day, this is dangerous. If this is the kind of requirement your client has, don’t agree to such a project unless you have a team.
2. These articles doesn’t have to be high-quality, but they’ll have to be grammatically correct. Spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes aren’t something any client will allow, even when they are paying you very little money.
3. Every article has to be unique. Copy-pasting isn’t allowed anywhere in the writing world. Your concept and idea for an article can be 100% inspired by someone else’s writing on the Internet, but it has to be written by you entirely, using completely different words and tones.
4. Bulk articles pay really bad. Don’t be offended if you get offered $150 for 150 articles of 500 words each, i.e. $150 for 75,000 words. This is the minimum rate for bulk articles.
[P.S. My first bulk article project paid $0.50/150 words]
5. There are actually some software that spin articles, i.e. they automatically create an entirely new article from an already existing article on the Internet. This saves time and effort, but the articles end up sounding weird. Clients don’t appreciate spun articles when they are paying for manual effort.
6. To be a bulk article writer, you need the skill of presenting a single concept in dozens of ways, write the same sentence using hundreds of different words.
7. It is not important to worry about quality when writing bulk articles. You can keep dragging the same concept in every single article, but as long as you use unique language.
Bulk articles aren’t a high-paying project. They may be great for your first few projects on an international marketplace, but it will be cruel to continue working on them for a long time.